Only South African Citizens
Appointment: Permanent, full-time position
Area: Crown Mines, Johannesburg, Gauteng
Qualification: Completed degree in relevant field
Salary: TCTC package R 1, 5 million to R1,6 million per annum
• 10 Years Senior Management or Executive Committee Experience in a General Management environment covering the following: Operations, finance and budgeting, business development, and strategic planning.
• Manage and co-ordinate processes of the various operational sites with regards to strategic planning and operational execution that will enhance service standards, maintain relations with all role players to enable the Passenger business to grow profitably within the personal contracts industry. Manage depot managers/contract managers to ensure they do their duties as required by the company.
Strategic direction of Passenger Division
• Responsible for operational excellence and continuous improvement of all the operations
• Manages staff and provides leadership to the division that aligns with the company’s business plan and overall strategic vision.
• Drive company results from both an operational and financial perspective working closely with the CFO, CEO, and members of the Exco.
• Works with other Executives on budgeting, forecasting and resource allocation programs.
• Foster a growth oriented, positive, and encouraging environment while keeping employees and management accountable to company policies, procedures, and guidelines.
• Ensure relevant administrative tasks are completed in accordance with company policy.
• Compilation of budgets with Depot/Contract Managers in conjunction with finance department.
• Review of month end results with Depot/Contract Managers reviewing revenue and costs. Implement cost-saving initiatives for all depots.
• Review and adherence to customer scope of work or contract revenue schedule.
• Assist Depot/Contract Managers on collection of debtors with finance department.
• Review of actual results against budget and provide feedback and action plans.
• Review vehicle utilization against scope of work with Depot/Contract Managers including safety and other standards required by the customer.
• Review routing and scheduling on all contracts with depot/contract managers with a view to improving efficiency.
• Conduct monthly visits and review of all depots with action items.
• Ensure compliance with relevant legislation such SHEQ, LRA, Operating Licenses, Vehicle Licenses, etc. with relevant stakeholders and action taken on all areas where needed.
• Review all labour costs and potential savings on improving efficiency.
• Manage vehicle maintenance costs in conjunction with the technical department.
• Review and improve where necessary company policies and procedures.
• Review and implement audit findings for improvement.
• Creates strong morale and spirit within the operations team
• Shares wins and successes.
• Fosters open dialogue.
• Knowledgeable in current and potential future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her business and organisation.
• Knows the competition.
• Is aware of strategies and tactics that work in the marketplace.
• Meeting reviews with Depot/Contract Manager and customer to review service and provide feedback to Exco with Business Development Executive.
• Adherence to Customer SLA’s and scope of work.
• Ensuring Business Development Team and Depot/Contract Managers work in tandem to meet the growth target of the Passenger Division.
• Ensure the Depot/Contract Managers execute their duties in a manner and standard that is in accordance with the company policies and procedures.
• Provide support, training, and guidance to Depot/Contract Managers to ensure business KPI’s are met.
• Support Human Resource Executive in implementation of Talent Management and Employment Equity, Training and Development goals.
• Setting and managing performance goals for Depot/Contract Managers.
• Works to improve and reinforce the performance of others. Takes
• Responsibility for the direct reports’ performance by setting clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against the goals, ensuring constructive feedback, and addressing performance problems and issues promptly.
• Works with, coaches, and supports direct reports in developing knowledge, skills, and abilities in the interest of performance improvement and employee’s career development.
Health and Safety
• Ensure compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Act in accordance with Health and Safety Manager
If you meet the above-mentioned requirements, please send your detailed CV to
Subject: “OPERATIONS EXECUTIVE – PERSONNEL TRANSPORT AND COMMUTER”
If you are not contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
|Job Category||Logistics / Purchasing / Stock / Transport, Management / Executive|