Director / Partner level position
Completed Bachelor of Laws (LLB).
Admitted Attorney with Right of Appearance in the High Court of South Africa.
10+ Year post admission private practice experience essential.
Letter of good standing with LPC.
Senior litigation attorney experience essential.
Preferably an EE attorney who managed his/her own Legal Practice and what to join a large firm on Director level.
This position is open to an EE Attorney who wants to join one of South Africa’s leading and oldest law ﬁrm providing services in all areas of law where legal practitioners deliver a holistic service offering which leverages their combined expertise whilst being formidable individuals in their respective areas of practice and brings together the resources and expertise of leading legal services across Africa.
Will form part of an ambitious team and committed professionals.
To provide high quality legal advice to support clients’ strategies and operations: many corporate and government entities and members of the public.
The ﬁrm complies fully with the requirements of the Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment Act and supports gender transformation. The ﬁrm is a level two contributor. In terms of ownership, 55% of the shares are held by a black female shareholder.
If you comply with all above mentioned requirements, send a Microsoft Word format CV to email@example.com , Subject “EE SENIOR ATTORNEY – Director level position”, and mention your minimum salary expectation.
No reply within 14 days: Accept the application as unsuccessful.
Location: Brooklyn, Pretoria East, Gauteng
Basic Salary: R 12 000 to 15 000 CTC (Negotiable depending on experience)
Qualification: Completed BCom Law degree, with completed articles and admitted as an attorney
• Admitted attorney with 2 – 3 years post-admission experience and proven track record in labour relations
• Young, presentable, and professional EE female (Black or Indian)
• Good working knowledge of labour legislation in particular the LRA, BCEA, OH&S, EEA and the Public Sector labour legislation
• Experience with collective bargaining /consultation with Trade Unions.
• Responsible for typing and compiling of own reports.
• Ability to do research, interpret case law and draft legal opinions
• The incumbent must have experience with trade union negotiations and recognition/collective agreement, strikes and lockouts.
• Knowledge of Section 197 transfers and retrenchments
• Good training and presentation skills (ER and IR training)
• Experience with public sector disciplinary processes
• Understanding of the PSA and Regulations, PFMA, NT Regulations and SMS handbook
• Integrity, strong work ethic and the desire to go the extra mile
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Consult with clients on Labour related matters across public and private sector
• Draft legal opinions in line with Labour Legislation and provide legal advice when required to do so.
• Initiate / chair disciplinary hearings
• Sound interpretation of labour legislation.
• Prepare charge sheets
• Draft and review employment contracts and all types of workplace policies
• Conduct investigations into allegations of misconduct and draft recommendations on disciplinary steps
• Represent clients at CCMA and at the Bargaining Councils
• Involved with collective bargaining/ consultation with Trade Unions
• Act as presiding official at disciplinary hearings.
• Evaluation of risks specifically related to non-compliance with legislation and policy
If you comply with all above mentioned requirements, send a Microsoft Word format CV to
Subject: “EE JUNIOR LABOUR ATTORNEY”
No reply within 14 days = application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.