Closing date: 30 June 2022
Only South African Citizens
Appointment: Permanent, full-time position
Area: Goodwood, Cape Town
Appointment subject to:
- Clean ITC check
- Clean Criminal record
- 3 Good references
- Positive outcome of a sociometric assessment
Essential qualification: Financial Degree or Diploma essential
Salary: Negotiable – Market related and depending on years’ experience
• At least 3 years’ experience in the finance industry
• A financial background in the automotive industry will be an advantage
• Computer Literate – proficient in MS Office with advanced Excel Skills.
• Previous Financial software package experience essential
Responsible for Leave
• Updated leave registers on Teams
• Recon leave due on resignations/ terminations
• Updated leave cycles.
• Ensure that the correct leave amounts are being paid out to staff on termination of employment
• Uploading employee debt forms, bank details change, salary information.
• Assist with maintaining the Teams employee details sheet.
• Liaise with HR with regards to employee matters such as salary queries and or warnings.
• Ensure that employee files are up to date.
• Ensure that all salary related information is submitted to HR/ Payroll monthly.
• Monthly leave reports and recons
• Responsible for the inter branch monthly reports
• Responsible for Income statement comparisons
• Responsible for the monthly journals for MR reports
• Capture cash-up on SAP and recon
• Identify and resolve any problems relating to cash-ups
• Inform Managers on any outstanding invoices/ credits, unknown discrepancies
• Scanning of petty cash slips on Teams
• Capture incoming payments from customers and bank transactions from bank statement to correct.
• GL accounts monthly reconciliation.
• Recon weekly / monthly bank statement.
Cash in transit Recons of branches
• Investigate if there are any problems with the cash banked
• Form part of bank recon, above when needed
• Recon and inform manager to follow up if any outstanding open items (stock).
• Recon overs and shorts or unknown bank payments, or card split payments in bank.
• Allocate petty cash to correct GL accounts – recon
• Recon any debits and credits
• Allocate credits and payments to invoices and recon customer accounts.
• Monitor outstanding amounts for account closure letters to be send WEEKLY, MONTHLY.
Follow up on outstanding payments
• Hand overs to Accountability, when needed.
• Customer queries.
• Internal expense account (2 debtors accounts) allocations, monthly.
• Prepare customer refund payment requests, when needed.
• Maintain customer account details, daily.
• Confirm cash customer payments, daily.
• Email weekly/ monthly statements.
• Correspond with customers regarding new account applications.
• Analyse received credit applications and reports from Accountability
• Responsible for opening of new Debtors accounts
• Assist with general customer queries
• Assist with allocating stock items bought from HO that are overheads/expenses.
• Assist with ensuring no negative stock items.
• Sign off on payment requests daily / weekly / monthly.
• Administration support
• Maintain files and manage petty cash expenditures and inventory
• Maintain historical records by filing documents.
• Other project-based work that may be assigned from time to time.
• General administration when needed.
• Support, comply and ensure complicity with the Health and Safety regulations, all the Companies policies and procedures, Quality and Environmental policies and procedures, etc.
• Support, encourage and develop a team and take ownership for the team
• Proactively contribute to creating a good team atmosphere
• Anticipates and overcome obstacles
• Embrace personal challenges and growth
• Resilient, optimistic, and open to change
• Have an adult, collaborative approach to others
• Self-starter, motivated and able to positively motivate others
• Focused and target driven with positive, can-do attitude
If you meet the above-mentioned requirements, please send your detailed CV to
Subject: “FINANCIAL CLERK GOODWOOD”
If you are not contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
EASTERN PERSONNEL CONSULTANTS CC (SINCE 1990)
Contact number: 0123483218
IMPORTANT NOTICE: ¬By applying for this position and providing Eastern Personnel Consultants CC with your CV and other personal information, you are consenting to the information being used for the specific purpose for which it was provided, which is recruitment purposes and appointment purposes (should you be successful). Please note that your information will be processed for recruitment purposes only or for such purposes relating to assessing the establishment of an employment relationship with yourself, and this will be done in accordance with the applicable data protection and privacy legislation. We confirm that such information will not be used for any other purpose without obtaining your prior consent. If your application is not successful, we retain your CV and other information provided for a period of 3 months. If you object to your information being used in accordance with the aforementioned clauses, please do not apply.
|Job Category||Financial / Accounting, Human Resources|