Closing date: 30 June 2022
Only South African Citizens
Appointment: Permanent, full-time position
Area: Centurion Distribution Centre, Gauteng
Salary: Negotiable – Market related and depending on years of experience
Automotive parts industry background.
Inventory Audit supervisor oversees and manages a Team of inventory auditors in counting inventory and creating inventory reports.
Manages inventory tracking system to stock levels.
Evaluates stock levels to improve inventory control procedures. Analyzes daily product and supply levels to anticipate inventory problems and shortages.
Subordinates are Inventory Audit Clerks
• 2 – 3-years’ experience in warehousing and inventory control
• Ability to stand and walk for extended periods
• Ability to bend, kneel, crouch and crawl throughout your shift
• Highly effective supervisory skills and techniques
• Ability to input, retrieve and Analyse data
• Hands-on commitment to getting the job done
• Demonstrated experience of managing inventory staff and operations, preferably in the automotive industry
• Demonstrated experience in leading a diver’s team positively.
• Previous demonstrated management experience with the ability to manage and motivate others
• Previous demonstrated experience of inventory control/ auditing
• A full understanding of ISO standards (Specifically ISO 45001 and ISO 9001)
• Hands on experience with warehouse management software and database management where appropriate.
• Forklift Truck license may be required
General and Task Management
• Counting inventory, equipment, merchandise or supplies in stock.
• Analyzing data/ inventory figures
• Maintain and update records.
• Developing and improving upon inventory management procedures.
• Report and investigate inventory discrepancies.
• Provide a safe working environment adhering to Health and Safety and Environmental procedures and ensuring they are always understood and practiced by the team.
• Ensure that all relevant procedures and processes are followed and adhered to in line with the Company’s procedures and requirements.
• Identify errors within the audit process and eliminate root cause using robust countermeasures.
• Sustain the corrective action to eliminate repeat issues.
• system and ensure all stock.
• Record and communicate all shortages/ overstock issues to the Inventory Audit Manager.
• You are responsible for taking disciplinary action against the staff reporting to you (with the assistance of the HR department) this includes, however is not limited to:
• Use of cellphone on warehouse floor during working hours
• Late coming
• Poor performance
• Poor quality of work
• Failure to follow SOP (Safe/ Standard operating procedures)
• Failure to follow Company standards and procedures.
• Failure to follow a reasonable and lawful instruction.
• Failure to clock in and out for shifts.
• Leaving workstations early during tea and lunch times as well at leaving early prior to end of shift.
• Arriving back late at workstations after tea, lunch time and at the start of shift
• Manage and lead the team, ensuring adequate staffing levels, managing leave, recruitment, training, development, appraisal, attendance, disciplinary issues, and daily supervision to maximize efficiencies.
• Provide technical expertise to the team.
• Monitor the completion of tasks and ensure superior performance and record on appropriate systems.
• Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behaviors expected of them.
• Ensure KPIs are met by working to the plan, including management of, and reporting of poor performance.
• Liaise and communicate with other departments and ensure an effective interface is maintained in a positive and collaborative manner.
• Work as part of the Supervisory Team within each department to share ideas and improve operation, recommending, supporting, and implementing continuous improvement activities and process and procedure improvements to optimise results and improve quality of delivery, in line with quality standards requirements delivery in line with Company and Customer requirements.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders/ departments and to ensure optimal performance.
• Ensure an effective interface with other departmental staff is maintained.
• Support, comply and ensure compliance with the Health and Safety regulations, all the Companies policies and procedures, Quality and Environmental policies and procedures, etc.
• Support, encourage and develop a team and take ownership of the team.
• Proactively contribute to creating a good team atmosphere.
• Anticipates and overcome obstacles.
• Embrace personal challenges and growth.
• Resilient, optimistic, and open to change.
• Have an adult, collaborative approach to others.
• Self-starter, motivated and able to positively motivate others.
• Focused and target driven with positive, can-do attitude.
If you meet the above-mentioned requirements, please send your detailed CV to
Subject: “AUTOMOTIVE INVENTORY AUDIT SUPERVISOR – CENTURION”
If you are not contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.